14-27 May, 2016 – Hungary to Croatia to Bosnia to Montenegro to Croatia
Since the Blog Posts of the Savor Tour are now finished, I have decided to put together some miscellaneous Bits in this Post. In time, it may be expanded due to inputs from the group, hopefully anyway.
This was the final itinerary from Savor tours. Naturally some small changes were made along the way for the actual tour.
The following are the fixed menus provided by Andrew.
May 18 Boskinac Anthony Bourdain No Reservations Dinner
Wild asparagus (seasonal) and eggs salad
Dried octopus frittata and beans salad with arugula
Lamb stew with homemade pasta ˝makaruni ˝
Baked octopus with vegetables
Selection of Pag cheese
Pairing with 5 glasses of Boškinac wine
Editorial comment: As mentioned in the Post, most of us found the Lamb Tripe to be truly revolting.
MAY 19 BOSKINAC your choice dinner
Fresh cottage cheese cake with ice cream
Fish stew “brudit”
chocolate ganache cake
MAY 21 SPLIT dinner
1st course: Olive oil tasting
– introduction to olive oil, learning the difference between good and bad oil
– tasting 3 different types of olive oil
– pairing oil with the flower of salt, aceto balsamico and homemade oven baked bread
– Marinated white fish
– Prawns in lemon sauce
– Olive paste
– Lamb skewer with spring onions and rucola
– Marinated pork neck with anise sauce
– Baked potato with rosemary and olive oil
4th course: traditional Dalmatian dessert: paradižot (floating island)
MAY 27 KORCULA Farewell dinner
– one big plate, with young and mature cheeses, dry fruits, wine grapes, almonds, nuts.
– 3 white wines
-the first wine we will suggest to guests to take young cheeses
-for the second wine we will suggest mature cheeses.
-for the third white wine we sugest home made pasta with seafruit and seabass filet
-after third wine we will serve Sorbetto from Myrtle or rosemary, to clean up PH values in mouth because now we step to red wine.
-one red wine (0,05 l per pax).
– home made macaroni with black sephia and bob beans sauce
– for dessert slice of korn bread, over which we will pour first class olive oil and desert wine. The best imaginable substitute for cake. Traditional Korčula receipe. Moisture and aroma from olive oil, sweetnes from korn bread and Desert wine.
– glass 0,1 l of sparkling wine.
The following are some links provided by Andrew of places we visited:
The following are some links I have found: